Exactly what constitutes spoiling?

by Kathi D on December 9, 2008

Homemade dog treats?

A Puppy Palace to protect them from marauding mountain lions?

Big Red (Not His Real Nickname) built a sturdy and pretty Puppy Palace, enclosed on all sides (including the top) with hog wire. Big Red likes all his structures to be pretty, notwithstanding my usual directive at the beginning of every project, “Make it CHEAP!”

Since it didn’t turn out to be quite as cheap as I hoped, my plan is to make the Puppy Palace pay for itself, by borrowing an idea from Jacques Cousteau and his shark cages:

One night alone in the Lion Cage! Just you, a bedroll, and a bloody pile of raw meat scraps! $599 includes a t-shirt proclaiming “I survived the Lion Cage!” (for survivors only)

I am thinking it would be a good idea to have paying guests stay in the Puppy Palace before consigning our dogs to it, just in case it isn’t as secure as we hope it is.

Gratuitous photos of man meatGratuitous photos of man meat

{ 10 comments }

dana December 9, 2008 at 6:14 am

FIRST? I’M FIRST? I set my alarm for extra early just so I could do this. And then you call KAREN your smart friend. grrrrr

I want to sign up to be the FIRST to stay in the Lion Cage because anywhere on your property is better than anywhere at the resort. And can I pay extra to have Big Red (not his real name) stay with me? And any screaming you might hear during the night you can just ignore. He can’t fight me off forever.

dana’s last blog post..

Kathi D December 9, 2008 at 8:39 am

Dana, you are a very bad grrrrrrrrrl!

Nicki Parker December 9, 2008 at 4:38 pm

Does Big Red happen to be single?

Nicki Parker’s last blog post..Winter Sassy Apron Swap (received)

bob December 9, 2008 at 6:00 pm

the best part of homemade doggie treats is you get to eat them too.
is that an ankle bracelet on big red?

bob December 9, 2008 at 7:29 pm

sorry, interrupted.
I have seen his wife’s website, so I bet she knows where he is all the time.
will the lion cage stop falling airplanes? wild chickens? does it have cable? discount for family?

Abby December 10, 2008 at 6:25 am

I want to stay in it (and eat the dog treats), but I want the t-shirt (for survivors only) to incorporate the phrase “hog wire” in the logo. Because it’s fun to say “hog wire” and, I bet, fun to wear a shirt that says “hog wire.” I would pay extra.

Abby’s last blog post..What Happens to Family Traditions.

Karen December 10, 2008 at 12:20 pm

I would pay double if I can have the young one with me!

Karen’s last blog post..It is christmas after all

Toi December 10, 2008 at 2:40 pm

Can’t I just come inside and stay in the guest room? I don’t really feel the need to fight off a mountain lion. You don’t even have to throw in a t-shirt for that. I would like a treat on my pillow though.

Toi’s last blog post..Happy Birthday Angel

Ellie December 10, 2008 at 3:35 pm

There’s a reason I’m not a vegetarian…..

Ellie’s last blog post..running on empty

Diana December 10, 2008 at 4:36 pm

Let’s have my husband do it! I always tell him he is sleeping in the dog house anyway. And if he doesn’t survive? That’s what good life insurance is for isn’t it? I’m ONLY kidding people!! (some days;)

Diana’s last blog post..In Case Of A Fire…….

Comments on this entry are closed.

UA-3572052